Ironworkers Local #399 will accept application for apprenticeship tentatively June 8-June 12, 2020. Applicants must pick up applications in person and return applications with ALL valid required, documents. Any missing documents will constitute an incomplete application and cannot be considered. Applications can be picked up at Ironworker's Union Hall 26 East Fleming Pike Winslow, NJ 08037 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The application process consists of a written aptitude test and a formal interview conducted by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee, a fitness exam and drug screening. All apprentices are subject to annual and random drug screening.
Apprentice applicants are assessed on a basis of 142 potential points as follows:
- Flanagan F.I.T. Test – maximum 10 points
- Education – maximum 10 points
- Physical condition – maximum 10 points
- Residential location – maximum 5 points
- Veteran status – maximum 5 points
- Construction related work experience – maximum 10 points
- Personal JAC interview – Maximum 42 points
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Physically be able to perform the required work
- Reside in territorial jurisdiction of Local #399
- Must be drug free
- Have a valid New Jersey Drivers at the time of application
- License Have reliable transportation
It is necessary for the applicant to submit all of the following:
- Birth Certificate with Seal
- Valid New Jersey drivers License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fitness for duty note from Doctor
Successful applicants are required to work full time and to attend apprenticeship classes two nights a week. Apprentices must attend a minimum of 204 scheduled classroom hours for three years of apprenticeship. Apprentices are also required to participate in service projects.
Contact Gary Brown at 856-456-9323 for more information.