Ironworkers Local #399 has stopped taking apprentice applications for 2020. All applicants who completed and returned their applications by the August 31 deadline will be notified of a written test. Followed by interviews.
Apprentice applicants are assessed on a basis of 142 potential points as follows:
- Flanagan F.I.T. Test – maximum 10 points
- Education – maximum 10 points
- Physical condition – maximum 10 points
- Residential location – maximum 5 points
- Veteran status – maximum 5 points
- Construction related work experience – maximum 10 points
- Personal JAC interview – Maximum 42 points
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Physically be able to perform the required work
- Reside in territorial jurisdiction of Local #399
- Must be drug free
- Have a valid New Jersey Drivers at the time of application
- License Have reliable transportation
It is necessary for the applicant to submit all of the following:
- Valid New Jersey drivers License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fitness for duty note from Doctor
Successful applicants are required to work full time and to attend apprenticeship classes two nights a week. Apprentices must attend a minimum of 204 scheduled classroom hours for three years of apprenticeship. Apprentices are also required to participate in service projects.
Contact Gary Brown at 856-456-9323 for more information.