Ironworkers Local #399 will accept applications May 3- May 7, 2021. Applications will be given out at the Union Hall, between 8:00am and 12:00pm. On a first come first served basis. You must pick them up in person! Don't forget your mask!!!
Apprentice applicants are assessed on a basis of 100 potential points as follows:
- Flanagan F.I.T. Test – maximum 10 points
- Education – maximum 10 points
- Physical condition – maximum 10 points
- Residential location – maximum 5 points
- Veteran status – maximum 5 points
- Construction related work experience – maximum 10 points
- Personal JAC interview – Maximum 50 points
- Be at least 18 years old at the time of application
- Must have a High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Physically be able to perform the required work
- Reside in territorial jurisdiction of Local #399
- Must be drug free
- Have a valid New Jersey Drivers License at the time of application
- Must have reliable transportation
It is necessary for the applicant to submit all of the following with your application:
- Valid New Jersey drivers License
- High School Diploma or GED
- Fitness for duty note from Doctor
Successful applicants are required to work full time and to attend apprenticeship classes two nights a week. Apprentices must attend a minimum of 204 scheduled classroom hours for three years of apprenticeship. Apprentices are also required to participate in service projects.
Ironworkers Local 399 JATC will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. IW 399 JATC will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.
For more information contact the Union Hall (856) 456-9323