Ironworkers Local #399 accepts application for apprenticeship for two full weeks in May every year. This year the dates are May 7th through May 18th 2018. Applicants must complete an Application form at the Local Union Office located at 409 Crown Point Road Westville, NJ 08093 from 8:00 AM to 12:00 PM. The application process consists of a written aptitude test (Work Keys Test) and a formal interview conducted by the Joint Apprenticeship Committee.
Apprentice applicants are assessed on a basis of 96 potential points as follows:
- Work Keys Test – maximum 14 points
- Education – maximum 10 points
- Physical condition – maximum 10 points
- Residential location – maximum 5 points
- Veteran status – maximum 5 points
- Construction related work experience – maximum 10 points
- Personal JAC interview – Maximum 42 points
- Be at least 18 years old
- Physically be able to perform the required work
- Reside in territorial jurisdiction of Local #399
- Must be drug free
- Have a valid New Jersey drivers License Have reliable transportation
It is necessary for the applicant to provide all of the following:
- Birth Certificate with Seal
- Valid New Jersey drivers License
- Transcript of High School Records (High School Diploma is not required)
- Doctor’s Certification, as evidence of physical fitness to perform job duties
Successful applicants are required to work full time when work is available and to attend apprenticeship classes two nights a week. Apprentices must attend a minimum of 204 classroom hours for each of the three years of apprenticeship. Apprentices are also required to participate in community service projects on occasion.
Ironworkers Local #399 is politically active and all members are requested to participate.
Contact Gary Brown at 856-456-9323 for more information.